The worst-affected stretches were Hanuman Chowk, Sector-18, Narsinghpur, Jharsa Crossing, Sarhaul mode, Sector 29, Sector 44, Sector 38, Sector 50, Rajeev Chowk, Mahaveer Chowk, Sheetla Mata Road, Civil Lines, Golf Course Extension Road, Vatika Chowk and Dwarka Expressway.
Also, all private educational institutions have been advised to close schools/colleges on Friday.
“This will also help the civic agencies take up dewatering and repair works expeditiously,” read the advisory.
Around 105 mm rainfall was recorded in Gurugram and Manesar on Thursday, which caused heavy waterlogging on the Delhi-Jaipur Expressway.
The commuters on the Expressway near Narsinghpur Chowk faced huge traffic congestion and some people were seen walking in knee-deep water.
#WATCH | Haryana: Massive traffic jam on Delhi-Gurugram expressway amid severe waterlogging due to incessant rainfa… https://t.co/TOI53RIJts
— ANI (@ANI) 1663863628000
Pictures and videos of the submerged Expressway and service lane at the Narsinghpur Chowk were widely circulated on social media.
The Gurugram traffic police also updated the commuters about the traffic movement through Twitter. The police asked the commuters to consider working from home due to waterlogging and the traffic congestion.
Apart from this, major traffic congestion was reported from Narsinghpur Chowk towards Rajiv Chowk on the Expressway during late night hours. Vehicles were in queue for several kilometres due to waterlogging at different points on the Expressway.
There was bumper-to-bumper traffic due to waterlogging which led to traffic snarls on the Expressway and connecting roads.
“Senior police officials along with the traffic police are present in the rain-affected areas to ensure smooth traffic movement. We are also urging people not to step out unnecessarily,” Virender Singh Sangwan, DCP (Traffic), said.
The worst-affected stretches were Hanuman Chowk, Sector-18, Narsinghpur, Jharsa Crossing, Sarhaul mode, Sector 29, Sector 44, Sector 38, Sector 50, Rajeev Chowk , Mahaveer Chowk, Sheetla Mata Road, Civil Lines, Golf Course Extension Road, Vatika Chowk and Dwarka Expressway.
Read More News on
ETPrime stories of the day
9 mins read
6 mins read
11 mins read
- Schools Shut in J&K's Ramban Due to Heavy Rains, Flashfloods; Highway Blocked Due to Mudslide
- Life Comes to a Standstill as Heavy Rains Pound Gujarat's Navsari, Valsad; State Remains on Alert
- State lotteries increasingly cede control to huge firms
- Mackenzie businesses welcome school holiday boom
- More rain expected in eastern Kentucky, already walloped by deadly floods
- Agnipath Bharat Bandh live updates | Army issues notification for Agniveer recruitment rally; Centre stands firm on roll-out
- Hospices have become big business for private equity firms, raising concerns about end-of-life care
- Avalanches around Aoraki/Mt Cook Village revealed by clear skies after record rain
- Karnataka wants to create 7,50,000 jobs for locals
- CT Weather: Strong Thunderstorms Possible Thursday Afternoon, Evening
- The Real Reason Democrats Are Losing Ground on Education
- Asean News Headlines at 9pm on Saturday (July 30, 2022)
Gurugram issues WFH advisory to private firms; schools shut on Friday due to heavy rains have 554 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on Asia News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.