Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 20 held a meeting with BJP president J.P. Nadda and several Union Ministers, including Amit Shah and Rajnath Singh, at his official residence in New Delhi, sources said.
Earlier this month, he held about five meetings with Union Ministers in groups, apparently to take stock of the work done by them so far.
Both Cabinet- and Minister of State-rank Ministers were present in these meetings, sources said. All the meetings lasted for nearly five hours and Mr. Nadda was present in most of them.
Besides Mr. Shah and Mr. Singh, Union Ministers Nirmala Sitharaman, Piyush Goyal, Dharmendra Pradhan, Narendra Singh Tomar were among those who attended June 20 meeting, the sources said.
Other than BJP chief Nadda, the party's general secretary (organisation) B.L. Santhosh was also present at the meeting, they said, adding this meeting was in line with the earlier meetings between Union Ministers and the Prime Minister.
Political observers feel this could be an exercise before an expected Cabinet expansion and reshuffle. Several Ministers in the Modi government have been holding charge of multiple Ministries.
The BJP is carrying out similar review exercise in various States and has been holding meetings with the Chief Ministers and leaders of States ruled by it.
- PM Modi holds virtual meet with states over COVID-19 situation
- States must start working on cold storage facilities for Covid-19 vaccine, says PM Modi at meeting with chief ministers
- PM Modi holds review meet to decide India’s Covid19 vaccination strategy
- PM Modi holds review meet to decide India’s vaccination strategy
- PM Modi holds security meeting as reports say killed JEM terrorists were plotting 'something big'
- At PM Modi’s review meet on Covid-19, Amit Shah sets a 3-point target for CMs
- PM Modi to hold COVID-19 review meeting with Chief Ministers tomorrow
- Our target is to bring down COVID-19 fatality rate below 1 per cent: PM Modi tells CMs
- PM Modi to discuss COVID situation with CMs of 8 States today: What to expect?
- PM Modi led 'Trends' across social media, BJP topped engagement in Aug-Oct
- PM Modi tops social media 'trends' on Google, Twitter and YouTube
- PM Modi meeting with states on November 24: COVID vaccine distribution, plan to curb virus spread likely on agenda
PM Modi holds meeting with Uunion Ministers have 367 words, post on www.thehindu.com at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on Asia News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.