Delhi’s first smog tower’s construction was impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. Environment Minister Gopal Rai says that the tower, to be constructed in Connaught Place, should be ready by August 15.
“The COVID-19 pandemic slowed down the construction work of the smog tower, the first-of-its-kind in India . The work is being expedited. Now, it will be ready by August 15,” Rai said.
He also said that many experts have different views about the efficacy of smog towers.
“This is a pilot project. Experts will monitor its utility and thereafter, the government will take a call on building more such structures,” he said.
Tata Projects Limited (TPL) is implementing the Rs 20-crore project on the ground with technical support from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. National Building Construction Corporation India Ltd. has been appointed as project management consultant.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Edited Transcript of HTG.L earnings conference call or presentation 29-Aug-19 9:00am GMT
- Fort Campbell's 101st Airborne, 1st Brigade Combat Team to deploy to Iraq
- 15 years later: Looking back at the 9/11 attacks
- Edited Transcript of KVW.AS earnings conference call or presentation 29-Aug-19 8:30am GMT
- Ahead of varsity debut, Iowa City Liberty ready to begin football legacy
- When Milwaukee's Marquette Interchange opened, the era of the freeway boom closed
- Can the Memphis airport get a match? Conference to pair airports, airlines in speed-dating format
- Flintco awarded $122.5M airport modernization contract
- American Airlines adds Memphis International Airport flights to D.C., Miami
- When the Milwaukee Bucks took the court for their first game ever, 50 years ago this week
- These are the 10 things to watch for in downtown Des Moines in 2019
- 'Like looking down on hell': Milwaukee's longest-lasting fire burned for months
COVID-19 slowed down construction of Delhi's 1st smog tower, will be ready by Aug 15: Gopal Rai have 394 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Asia News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.