He has been spending lockdown with his girlfriend Jordan Connell, who he was first linked to last summer following his split from his ex-wife.
And James Cracknell took the opportunity to get his hair cut at the Jo Blu salon in London on Wednesday, after hairdressers were allowed to reopen last month.
The Olympic gold medallist, 48, made sure to keep safe amid the coronavirus crisis by wearing a black face mask while a hairdresser trimmed his dark brown locks.
Getting a trim: James Cracknell put safety first as he wore a face mask while heading to a salon to have his hair cut in London on Thursday
James kept things casual for his trip to the salon as he paired a grey logo T-shirt with a pair of bottle green 3/4 length shorts.
Enjoying the warm weather, the athlete completed his look by stepping out in a pair of black-and-white sandals.
After getting his locks trimmed, James quickly made his way home and kept his mask on as he headed to his car despite not wearing the attire when he arrived.
Relaxed look: James kept things casual for his trip to the salon as he paired a grey logo T-shirt with a pair of bottle green 3/4 length shorts
Before: Upon his arrival at the salon earlier on James wasn’t wearing a mask, but quickly put one on when he went up to the hairdressers
Last month James put on a very loved-up display with girlfriend Jordan, 34, as he gave her a tour of Windsor Castle.
The smitten couple posed for a selfie on The Long Walk with Jordan giving her beau a peck on the cheek during their weekend outing.
The double Olympic gold medallist looked relaxed in a navy t-shirt outside an official residence of the Queen where the monarch has been isolating amid the pandemic.
Sweet: Last month James put on a very loved-up display with girlfriend Jordan, 34, as he gave her a tour of Windsor Castle
Candid: An unimpressed James stood with his hands in his pockets with an information phone around his neck as part of the Windsor Castle tour
A fresh-faced Jordan looked radiant in a grey t-shirt as she posed for the windswept snap.
In a second picture, an unimpressed James stood with his hands in his pockets with an information phone around his neck as part of the Windsor Castle tour.
Posting on Instagram, James wrote: ‘Went to Windsor Castle today showing my American some proper history. Not sure I was always the most enthusiastic tour guide.’
Champ! James and Jordan have been isolating together in London during lockdown, during which time James broke the British indoor rowing marathon record
James began dating New Yorker Jordan a year after splitting from television presenter Beverley Turner, his wife of 17 years.
The American spent 12 months studying for an MBA at the University of Cambridge before returning to her native city of New York. She is now understood to split her time between London and the US.
The pair, who were both studying as mature students, were introduced through friends at Cambridge and remained in contact once their degrees had finished.
James and Jordan have been isolating together in London during lockdown, during which time James broke the British indoor rowing marathon record, shaving two minutes off the existing record.
In an emotional post to his Instagram page, the double Olympic gold medalist thanked his followers for their support, admitting it also helped him cope with his personal struggles.
James wrote of his achievement: ‘Setting/achieving a goal & the support has given my self-confidence a lift after coping with divorce/family/work over the last 2 mths!’
Having worked with the charity Headway UK – the UK-wide organisation working to improve life after brain injury – James added: ‘I want to give a heartfelt thanks for people’s support of @headway_uk & me yesterday. Thank you & take care!’
James suffered a brain injury in 2010 when he was hit on the head from behind by a petrol tanker whilst on a bicycle during an attempt to cycle, row, run and swim from Los Angeles to New York within 18 days.
The end: James and Beverley Turner finalised their divorce in March last year, after they split in 2018 following 17 years of marriage
- Health chiefs insist there is NO NEED for 'well people' to wear face masks – despite US officials advising ALL Americans to wear them when they are outside
- Should we wear face masks after all? Experts call for UK officials to consider issuing millions of masks because the crisis is spiralling out of control - despite claims they are pointless
- Brits won’t be told to wear face masks in public despite other nations changing advice
- Sydney doctors claim they are being asked to reuse coronavirus face masks, sparking safety fears
- Julia Roberts wears artsy face mask and gloves as she puts safety first on morning errand run
- NHS doctors treating coronavirus patients are being forced to buy face masks from DIY stores and BUILDING SITES amid nationwide shortage
- View: Face masks have become the indispensable accessories of the modern age
- How to make your own coronavirus face mask – as experts remain divided on if they work
- Colin Hanks Gives Fans Lesson in Making Free Face Mask After Father Tom Hanks' Coronavirus Recovery
- Exercise facials, a $120 clay mask and NOSE HAIR removal: Stars take to Instagram to reveal their beauty secrets for getting Met Gala ready
- Do surgical face masks protect against coronovirus?
- How to Make a Face Mask Using Fabric, Whether You Know How to Sew or Not
James Cracknell puts safety first as he wears a face mask while heading to a salon to have his hair cut in London have 971 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on Asia News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.