Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi. PHOTO: REUTERS
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has arrived in Nepal on a two-day official visit.
The premier was received by Nepal Minister for Finance Yuba Raj Khatiwada upon his arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu on Monday.
PM Abbasi is expected to convey felicitations to the Nepalese leadership on the successful conclusion of its democratic process, resulting in the formation of a new government.
The PM will congratulate the newly elected Nepal PM Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli, who will be welcoming Abbasi at a guard of honour ceremony later today. During his visit, PM Abbasi will also meet the Nepal President Bidya Devi Bhandari.
According to a statement released by the PM Office, the Prime Minister’s visit will provide an opportunity to further expand and strengthen bilateral relations across all areas of mutual interest including trade, education, tourism, defence and people to people contacts.
Ways of invigorating SAARC as an important regional organization will also be discussed, the statement says.
In the statement, PM Abbasi has stressed that Nepal is an important regional country and a close friend.
“Our ties with Nepal are characterized by cordiality, mutual respect and commonality of interests,” Abbasi is quoted as saying.
“Our support to each other at bilateral and multilateral fora has remained indispensible for both the sides,” the premier adds.
Earlier, the Ambassador of Nepal in Islamabad Sewa Lamsal Adhikari had called on the prime minister on March 2 and conveyed the message of welcome from the Nepalese leadership to him.
- PM Abbasi heading to Nepal for two days today
The prime minister’s visit would provide an opportunity to further expand and strengthen bilateral relations
- Nisar plays down absence at key PML-N meetings amid speculation
Ex interior minister says he didn’t attend any parliamentary party meeting while Nawaz Sharif was prime minister
- 100-year-old college upgraded to university
Assembly passes law to convert Kali Mori College in Hyderabad to a university
- PM Phuc arrives in Bangkok for 35th ASEAN Summit
- Obama, British PM watch First Four game
- Obama, British PM to attend tourney
- Italy, Netherlands pay solemn visit to Auschwitz
- UK PM to visit Olympic Park for 200-day countdown
- Cardinals Spring Training Notes: Day 5
- Signing day brings ‘relief’ for Miami coach Golden
- FIFA’s Blatter arrives in Zimbabwe
- Maloof Bros. dig hype as Heat visit Kings
- Chiefs support troops during Whiteman AFB visit
- Olympic torch arrives in N.Ireland for 5-day tour
- ‘Heroes’ actress visits Japan dolphin hunt town
PM Abbasi arrives in Kathmandu for two-day official visit have 469 words, post on tribune.com.pk at March 5, 2018. This is cached page on Asia News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.