Is Tony Stark the next James Bond?
With Marvel Studios packing its movie release schedule through 2019, many question whether a fourth installment of “Iron Man” is on the roster.
Since the studio is staying mum over questions of a fourth chapter, it’s best to get answers right from the franchises superstar, Robert Downey Jr.
“It’s down to Kevin (Feige, Marvel Studios president) and Ike (Perlmutter, CEO of Marvel Entertainment) and Disney to come to us with what the proposal is, and that’s on us to agree or disagree,” Downey vaguely told Entertainment Weekly.
“When things are going great, there’s a lot of agreement,” he added, pointing to the likelihood that the series of films did not end with part three.
Just this week Forbes announced the Marvel star topped its highest-paid actor list for the second consecutive time with earnings of $75 million in the past year. “Iron Man 3” played a major role in Downey’s overflowing bank, since it was the highest-grossing live-action movie last year, bringing in $1.21 billion at the box office.
“Right now, this has just been swell, hasn’t it?” Downey quipped, as he has to know how anxious fans are to learn whether another sequel will be made.
“This has been a really good one and it feels good, and we’re having a good time,” he said.
His foggy responses leave much to speculate on the future of the franchise, but he undeniably knows the power behind it.
“To tell the truth, I’ve just been responding to the speculations in an honest way, which is: The future is uncertain,” Downey told the Daily News in a previous interview. “How do you let go of doing this guy?”
If Downey isn’t the guy, there may very well be a new “Tony” to grace the big screen. For now, the franchise’s star remains in place, who also signed up for “Avengers 3.”
“It’s that thing of: Why give up the belt when it feels like you can barely get jabbed?” he told EW during a break from filming the “Avengers” sequel.
But as with most hit series, it’s best to end it when it’s still on top and Downey concluded by adding, “Most people are saying that right when they get knocked out.”
ON A MOBILE DEVICE? CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO.
- 'I am Iron Man': how Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark became the beating heart of Marvel
- Avengers: Endgame spoilers 'leak' the fates of Captain America and Iron Man
- Real-life Iron Man patents Jet Suit that lets pilot fly through the air at 55mph
- 'Iron Man' Jeers at Avengers Endgame Co-Star Tom Holland Over Revealing SPOILERS
- WATCH: Iron Man and Captain America reunite in new trailer for Avengers Endgame
- Tom Holland: I may be Spider-Man, but mum still makes me do the dishes
- Chris Eubank Jr wins 'grudge match' against James DeGale on unanimous points decision
- Chris Eubank Jr wins 'grudge match' against James DeGale on points decision: live reaction
- Donald Trump Jr signed checks for hush money related to affair
- Donald Trump Jr signed cheques for hush money related to affair
- Millennial women can do a string of DIY tasks their mums would never have tackled, according to research
- Cannabis next big thing, says man who revived Irish whiskey
Robert Downey Jr. on possible 'Iron Man 4': 'How do you let go of doing this guy?' have 545 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at July 23, 2014. This is cached page on Asia News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.