I trust that you are looking forward to, or enjoyed watching the Royal Wedding?
At Autocar there are some strong republican feelings among the younger members of staff. However, the old guard like myself, Lord Hilton of Holloway, Baron Bremner, Viscount Charles Hallett and Sir Steve Cropley, will be equipped with flasks of hot tea, little flags and tartan rugs on our knees as we watch the proceedings.
There will be horse drawn carriages of course, but also limousines like the Volkswagen Bentley which was attacked by unwashed student mobs last year and presumably has been to the bodyshop since then.
Now wedding cars are interesting. Girls inevitably want something white and comfy and most blokes would prefer it to be red and sporty. Well, as you can see from the picture here, the wedding car for our wedding day was something red, but the handling was dicey and not long after it exploded on the M4 in a pool of transmission fluid.
Luckily our marriage has lasted rather longer, although I do hope that Wills and Kate will be as happy as we thought we were going to be.
So I just wondered exactly what got you and your other half to the church or registery office on time?
Apart from a very impressive pre-war Rolls-Royce at a wedding in Canada I attended a few years back, it’s mostly been Daimlers and Shadows. So anything resembling a Caterham, Atom, or Radical at your nuptials?
- Two NHS heroes have won their dream wedding - and they'll be in HELLO!
- Coronavirus wedding: My wedding was extra special and we've never felt so lucky
- Couples in Brazil say ‘I do’ at drive-through weddings
- Ryan Edwards police report reveals Teen Mom star was caught with heroin and FOURTEEN syringes in car
- Brazilians say ‘I do’ at drive-thru weddings to avoid virus
- Real-life Stories: Woman Who Was Kidnapped & Raped On Her Wedding Day
- Blushing bride! Heiress Beatrice Borromeo celebrates wedding to Grace Kelly's grandson Pierre Casiraghi with two Valentino dresses (and one is PINK)
- Coleen Rooney declares her love for Wayne as they celebrate 12th wedding anniversary
- Are we there yet, Dave? Cameron and Clegg bicker in the front of the car, while we're the kids stuck in the back
- Virtual weddings done right by couples undeterred by the pandemic
- Widowed millionaire killed with his sons, fiancée and her daughter, 11, in New Year's Eve plane crash had sent out wedding invitations days earlier… as it's revealed pilot had no time to send a mayday call
- Builder who won £105m Euromillions jackpot treats himself and his wife to a second-hand van and car - and they still live in their three-bed terraced home seven months after their win
Wedded to the wedding car have 446 words, post on www.autocar.co.uk at April 28, 2011. This is cached page on Asia News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.